Overview of the method
The Project Management Framework embodies a project life cycle and five major project management Process Groups:
- 1. Initiating.
- 2. Planning.
- 3. Executing.
- 4. Monitoring and Controlling.
- 5. Closing.
encompassing a total of 47 processes
Mapped to these five process groups are ten project management Knowledge Areas:
- 1. Project Integration Management
- 2. Project Scope Management
- 3. Project Time Management
- 4. Project Cost Management
- 5. Project Quality Management
- 6. Project Human Resource Management
- 7. Project Communications Management
- 8. Project Risk Management
- 9. Project Procurement Management
- 10. Project Stakeholder Management
The processes of these knowledge areas are described by their inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs. The PMBOK (Project Management Body Of Knowledge) also emphasizes the interaction and interdependence between different process groups. For example, the outputs from one process may be used by one or more other processes as inputs.
Following tables explains the mapping of 5 process groups, 10 knowledge areas and 47 processes.